Tuesday, June 19, 2007

So it begins...

I'm back from my two day crash course on PolitiCorps, it was fun and we learned lots of things about health care, rethinking democracy, campaigns, leadership and where we're all from. Admittedly, I have spent so much time at this point making new friends and keeping the old that I feel a little sick of it, but yeah, I'm 22 so hopefully I will get over it soon. It still hasn't set in that I'm in Portland. Since I seem a little stuck, here's a list of things of interest I've learned over the past few days:
Don't sleep with each other! (from two different people)
The US is in 7 trillion dollars worth of debt and 1 trillion seconds ago was 3000 BC. Just to put it in some perspective.
Ultimate frisbee is fun, but will probably be more fun once I'm not scared to get near the actual frisbee.
Our government needs to be dramatically overhauled to better fit our society, and that overhaul is a real possibility.

I have internet now, and Portland has lots of free WiFi, so hopefully we'll meet again sometime soon.

3 comments:

jaytothesea said...

just don't catch the frisbee with in yer mouth!

Anonymous said...

Hey Punk! Hope you're doing well. Verm misses You!

Lu said...

ahhh! i don't want our debt in perspective! i'll be up all night, now.

miss you!