Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Study of the Mundane

This may or may not be an interesting concept, but I'm sure that my parents will love it, so the rest of you can suck it up. Unfortunately all I did today was run errands, but maybe it will provide the insight into my life that you wouldn't get from talking to me because no one wants to hear about running errands, but let's face it, we all do it. Sometimes a lot.

I pick up my bike and head over to Jones' Food Center to pick up free polenta from Jozef for tomorrow's big Farmer's Market/Community Garden opening.
Polenta + Stinging Nettles = Delicious? I certainly hope so. At least I found these, notice the name...Post-Jones' I head over to the Coffee Shop Gallery. Having one of those moments where I feel like I live in 1957. Why do water towers make me feel like that when every town has them and NYC's look so much more old school anyway? And I meet Lu who is grading students portfolios for English 101. Watch as she fails those crazy students. When she says eight pages she don't mean four! Check it out, she's got a grade book, and she didn't get it in no teacher store!
I didn't stay too long because I had a mountain of clothes to fold. Seriously, it was sort of scary. Don't I look sort of scary?
And now, something totally not surprising, my room is a pig sty.
But not any more! Check out the meta blog.
Anyway, off to bbq and go to jazz night.

3 comments:

Lu said...

You are one of my favorite people and I am going to cry buckets when you leave.

Anonymous said...

I'm reading your blog!. Plus, you used the word "meta." Clearly, Alex, you have won me over. Swoo-ooon.

Anonymous said...

Yes, your parents do appreciate your blog, but the floor in your newly cleaned room is suspiciously not shown.