Friday, May 18, 2007

Delicious Nettles

Lots of fun things this week interspersed with some not so fun things (yay for crushing my phone!). It turns out that stinging nettles with garlic, soy sauce and intense amounts of organic olive oil are fabulous. and actually, it wasn't just Vermillion that went nettle crazy.

The Farmer's Market/Community Gardening opening was a success! The kids went crazy for Amy's Art Seeds creation. Oh kids, they're so cute until they don't stop talking and you want them to, or they get bossy, or demanding, or whiny. Anyway, they made cute things and played in the garden.
After the garden celebration I tried fishing. I have to admit, sometimes my city kid-ness is overwhelming, my ability to sit still is close to zero and my intolerance to bugs is overwhelming. Regardless, Nick and I had a nice time watching our fishing rods get caught on things in the wild and crazy Vermillion river, putting nightcrawlers on the hook (for some reason, I didn't think about worms having blood, ew) and watching a loooooooong train pass by.
By the way, my Centerville Tornados hat and crazy earrings are probably two of the most exciting things I've ever found in the Civic Council and I have worn both everyday since purchasing them. Gotta get my SoDak gear on!
Sorry that it's not the most exciting train picture in the world, but it's owned by Warren Buffett. Does that make it more exciting? Maybe not.

By the by, I spent two hours yesterday ripping a wire fence down off an old chicken coop. Take that NYTimes I think I'm so cool because I have a coop in my house. Whatevs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Sorry that it's not the most exciting train picture in the world"..............How can that be? Three locomotives, each in a different era corporate identity. Of course it's exciting!