Tuesday, May 22, 2007

On the Verge of Rain

It's been on the verge for two days now, do you know what that can do to a man? I've been getting pains in my knee, I wonder if the two are related. Summers aren't made for working, as I may have mentioned before, they're for lounging and exploring and drinking and chatting. Too bad I have a desk job.

I just found out through the grapevine that a certain friend of mine is just a few months from receiving security clearance from our illustrious government. This makes me think about things that I've received in my capacity as a federal employee. An unhealthy obsession with my cuticles. An intimate relationship with the internet. A developing allergy to the indoors (for realz, the eyes have been mad itchy). An aversion to conference calls. The company debit card, which I still need to keep receipts for to justify to accounting.

I hope it rains already.

No comments: