Monday, April 23, 2007

Things I’ve done this year that I would not have predicted at this time last year:

1) Biked around. A lot. And loved it.
2)
Expanded my vocabulary to include such words and phrases as “pancake feed,” “prairie,” “Gayville,” “grain elevator” and “service-learning.”
3)
Made karaoke a part of my repertoire.
4)
Felt like the wind hitting me had surely come unimpeded from the Rockies.
5)
Driven a 12 passenger van filled with people and luggage. On the highway in Oklahoma where everyone is a speed demon. And on the streets of Omaha where no curb went un-rolled on. And through the dark roads of Kansas where each bridge is meticulously numbered.
6) Gardened. As in, jumping on the shovel, getting down and dirty, not putting some seeds in a pot, gardened.
7) developed extensive relationships with a cat and a dog. Seriously, entire conversations have transpired.
8) walked through the South Dakota and North Dakota Badlands, and fell in love with both.
9) talked about abortion ad nauseum with strangers and friends alike. (well, honestly, I kind of knew that was going to happen).
10) Sailed on Lake Michigan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this was fun. i did it too.