Thursday, April 12, 2007

stolen bike

my bike got stolen today, from right under my nose! i leave it unlocked (like other people leave their cars running when they pop into the supermarket) and it got stolen from right outside my office! had i been more vigilant i could have watched the perp take it. douche. i called the campus police and they came over (immediately) to take a report. as i filled in the required information the police officer- who must have been about 19- called my drivers license information into headquarters. "yes we've got an alexandra- a, apple l, larceny e, eggplant x, x-ray." no lie. luckily i didn't have a record, or a parking ticket, cause USD woulda had my number. literally.

funny that the last place i showed my license was in jail in ithaca visiting a friend/acquaintance/person from the past. makes you think about your relationship with the man when you have to interact with them. much nicer to casually wander in and out of their presence than it is to be under their thumb. hopefully the USD police will find my bike outside someone's dorm today and i will be able to continue my happy cruising around town. i guess i shouldn't have spent so much time at work looking at the Community Cycling Center website and daydreaming about biking around Portland. i love when foreshadowing works out.

No comments: