Saturday, July 07, 2007

Dance Party USA

Last night we went out. It seems that the 22 other people I'm here with are party animals, and it's nice since we spend about 12+ hours a day together in classes and doing field games and walking the streets talking to people about voting, so sometimes you need to not be talking about politics. Or if you are, you should be playing red state v. blue state flip cup on July 4th, which miraculously ended up in a tie! America wins!

Anyway, I walked the handful of miles from my home to downtown Portland last night and am constantly impressed by the greenery all over the streets and the cats running around. Portland feels like a variety of small towns linked by some big bridges and car busy arteries. Downtown is weird and gritty and the homelessness hub of Portland as well as where the hip clubs and Voodoo donut is, awesome local donut place. It's very bizarre. I think that's all i can do now since I am in class. More later.

No comments: