Thursday, January 10, 2008

Editor's Note.

Both parents have pointed out my poor grammar in the last post and as a result I felt that some clarification is in order: blessedly, my Nana did not die in the Salvation Army in Mumbai, rather she died peacefully in London. I just had the misfortune to find out while I was in a nasty, dirty place thousands of miles away, somewhere that I'm pretty sure my Nana would have happily given me money to avoid. In my haste and lack of attention to detail (no read out louds in Goa) I made a mistake which may have been offensive, but in some ways reminds me of Nana's letters where there were always endearing misspellings, none of them painful enough to obscure the sincere meaning behind her words.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry bout your granny. Hugs. Hope you are well.

Lu said...

I was thrown for a sec about the Salvation Army thing, but remember, I grade freshmen papers.

We hope you are doing ok.

Anonymous said...

Alex, Nana's five years of formal schooling in English would still have been enough to have left her smiling at your gaff.